Geek Gear This Week
This weeks Geek Gear This Week selection comes from one of our favorite sites ThinkGeek.com. It is the Tesla watch, any self respecting geek will know who Nicola Tesla is and what he means to the gadget world and this watch does not disappoint.
The watch has a bit of a steam punk feel to it, with it’s hefty leather strap and large weathered-brass metallic housing. I love the faux vacuum tubes that light up with the flick of a switch and the fact that you need the key to adjust the time. It’s a design the even Edison would be jealous of (yet again)! I would imagine that if Warehouse 13 was still running this would be prominently displayed on the wrists of Agent Latimer (Eddie McClintock) and Agent Bering (Joanne Kelly).
- Steampunk-styled Tesla analog watch
- A ThinkGeek creation & exclusive
- Weathered-brass look on metal findings plus leather strap
- Japanese movement
- 2 light-up vacuum tube-style LEDs on top
- On/off switch controls red LEDs in vacuum tubes
- Ornamental winding keys
- Comes in a tin, suitable for gifting
- Materials: 304 stainless steel case, glass face, and leather strap
- Not water resistant
- Batteries: SR626SW (minutes/hour), SR521SW (seconds), and CR2032 (LEDs) button cell batteries (included)
- Dimensions: Watch face 1″ diameter, total face 1.6″ diameter, 2.7″ tall including vacuum tubes
- Strap 1.2″ wide, fits a wrist 6.75″ to 8″